Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Don't be startled...

It's just a big oyster shell.

Ah, but I digress.
Weren't we talking about fossils?
Another warm holiday season in Florida makes for some extra fossiling time 
and Tom and I took advantage of it.
There was a definite theme under the Christmas Tree.

We kept the festivities going while on the river.
We started our Christmas weekend with Bloody Mary's while digging 
 and our New Year's weekend started with sushi and shovels.

Our efforts were not wasted.
For an area that doesn't yield much, I still managed to find a crocodilian tooth, several nice tigers, a meg blade, and a tapir cap (posing with an old dachshund).

Tom pulled a big chunk of mastodon out of the gravel.

I found a beautiful "stained glass" garfish scale
and an interesting tooth that might have belonged to a pre-equus horse.
If anyone has ID ideas, please comment.

I didn't know I had my own action figure.
Tom thought this reminded him of me as a Fossil Queen super hero.  
Very sweet of him and seriously, add a decade or 2 to her age and there is a resemblance.  
Now, to get out there and truly earn the title of Fossil Queen!






No comments:

Post a Comment