Monday, December 19, 2016

Meeting with the Boss

It's been a couple of dry years.
Actually, the last 2 winters have been wet so it was my fossil acquisitions that dried up.
It was good to finally have a meeting with the boss:
The Peace River.

There was still enough water in the river,
that I was able to tow not only Pam in her kayak, but Tom in his canoe, as well:
It's super slow going with my tiny trolling motor,
but being towed slowly upstream after a long day of digging
 is better than paddling slowly upstream after a long day of digging.

I was getting my feet wet after being absent from the Peace for 2 seasons,
but managed to find some odds and ends.
A couple of those fossilized twigs I'm so fond of.

A big tooth in a piece of jaw, probably from a modern cow, 
and a modern mandible from some little critter.

Tom found a fantastic bobcat canine,
and he still says he wants to switch to a 1/2" screen.

Super chunky glyptodont scute, over 1" thick.

Turtle peace sign scute.

Another sad little meg for my sad little meg collection.

A group photo of the day's curiosities.

Happy fossilers, even facing the 2 hour drive home.
I think the big Slurpee truck behind Tom says it all.

A big boss salad with General Tso closes out the meeting.














No comments:

Post a Comment