Monday, September 30, 2013

Go to your happy place...

    This is a photo of me in my happy place.
     Two of my friends wanted to give fossiling a try so I acted as their guide, taking them to a spot where I knew they would at least find some shark teeth.  The rigors of my happy place hadn't really occurred to me until I got them there, in the water...lovely Peace River water.  See the cows drinking on the left of the photo?  They also pee at the same time they are drinking.  A strange habit, I think.  I, of course, pee in the river but I don't drink that water.  What you can't see in this photo is that a cow had died just above the watering hole and the rancher never came and dragged her body away.  I had gotten used to blocking the stench from my mind while digging but my friends had a harder time with it.  This was probably one of their longest days in recent years, shivering in the cold water, digging and sifting gravel, and all the while thinking, "Aimee is bat shit crazy."
      But man, look at my grin!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment